Tuesday 3 August 2010

Girly Guide To Travel:Spotlight on.....


I Heart..... book series


The I heart ….. books are addictive and essential read for travelling. I’ve mentioned them several times in previous posts and thought I might as well do a post about them as these were part of what made me come to put this blog together :) I’m avoiding spoilers and giving away too much information here as best as I can.

The first book,I Heart New York follows the story of Angela Clark who moves from London to New York on discovering her boyfriends infidelity at her best friend’s wedding. From there she begins to blog, date, learn how to apply make-up and spend a lot of money on clothes by designers she never even knew existed until she arrived in New York. The book follows her ups and downs in New York and her blogged about dating life, while she chooses between 2 New Yorkers who offer her very different but very nice things.

The second book, I Heart Hollywood follows her time spent in Hollywood on a work assignment to interview a huge Hollywood actor. In Hollywood things take a turn for the worse and Angela falls victim to the city’s penchant for creating hot gossip from nothing. Angela’s career, love life and friendships are soon jeopardized by it all and I wont tell you how it ends…..read it.

The third book. I Heart Paris is set in……you guess…..oh you guessed right (I hope). On another writing project, poor Angela’s work and love life is again appearing strained due to some dubious workmates and a very bitchy ex-girlfriend. The funniest of all the books by far.

The series is funny, witty and very girly. It is like Sex and The City on the road. I highly recommend picking them up and giving them a go. You will fall in love with Angela, author Lindsey Kelk has managed to create a very convincing, lovely, oh-she’s-so-like-me character and you genuinely want her to do well ,will laugh with her, root her on and get upset when things go a bit pear shaped for her. I would also like be amazed to hear of anyone who didn’t actually wish they didn’t have her friend Jenny as their best friend too.




No comments:

Post a Comment